In order to achieve any of your big dreams, or bring that genius idea into fruition, you need a higher education of some sort. The reason is because you need skills to make your ideas viable. The question now becomes where you can go and what course you should study to acquire the skills you need. It is always recommended to seek advise from parents, teachers and current students, they usually have the best ideas to offer. Without these advise, you could find yourself dropping out of school after the first year because you could not meet up the demands. Some of the advise that will be helpful to you include:
- Choosing the best university for you not choosing a university because everyone else is going there.
- The course you choose should be one you are sure you will enjoy. Pick a course you love because this will make you work harder.
- Make sure the institution is located in a place you consider healthy and comfortable enough to live in for the duration of the degree. Make sure it is a place you can afford too.
- You should find out how easy it will be for you to get to school. Find out if costs of buses and transportation will be a problem for you.
- You can pay a visit to the campus to find out about the cost of an accommodation. Both on and off-campus. Look at the price of properties on websites before applying. You mustn’t go to a university that is far from home, you could also consider one close to home. That can save you a lot of cost.
- Think about the friends you leave behind and the new friends you will make. It is an important factor. You should avoid anything that will distract you as much as possible. You can make plans to meet up with old friends ones in a while, otherwise think about making new friends.